Modified: March 1, 2017
This Policy applies to information we collect about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services” or “Trym Services”), including the Trym Application (the “Trym App”) and on our website at www.trymapp.co (the “Trym Website,”), which is discussed below in “Collection of Information”, and through other interactions and communications you have with us.
Third Party Privacy Policies
This Policy does not apply to information that you provide to, or is collected by, any third party whether through or in connection with your use of the Trym Services or otherwise, including information Users and Professionals may exchange between each other. Third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to inquire about before providing information to them.
You agree and acknowledge that Trym has no duty or responsibility to maintain and safeguard any information you may provide to or is collected by any third party whether through or in connection with your use of the Trym Services or otherwise.
Persons Under The Age of 18
The Trym Services are not intended for, and not available to, persons under 18 years of age. We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you are not authorized to use our platform for Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from persons under 18, we will delete that information.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us (collectively, “Personal Information”). This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items and services requested, service delivery and related delivery notes, other information personal information which could reasonably be used to identify you personally which you choose to provide. We may also collect Personal Information about Professionals through certain background checks we perform relating to our Third Party Providers.
When you use our Services, we also collect information about you in the following general categories:
• Location Information. The Trym Services collect real-time information about the location of your device. If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the Trym App or otherwise access the Trym Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking).
• Device Information. We may collect information about your desktop or mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, device motion information, advertising identifiers, serial number, and also for mobile devices certain network information and the device’s telephone number.
• Transaction Information. We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotional code, we may associate your name with that person.
• Call and SMS Data. Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Third Party Providers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
• Log Information. When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
• Stored Information and Files. The Trym Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device.
• Other Information. If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Third Party Provider or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Trym Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single pixel gifs) that permit Trym, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related Trym Services statistics (for example, recording popularity of certain Trym App content and verifying system and server integrity).
• Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Trym Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party server provider, is active only while you are connected to the Trym Services, and is generally deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Third party information collection
When you use the Trym Services, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collection information about you and your device. These third parties may include:
• Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers.
• Analytics companies.
• Your mobile device manufacturer.
• Your mobile service provider.
• Your website browser
• Our payments processor.
USE OF INFORMATION
Trym uses information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
• Provide, maintain and improve the Trym Services, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
• Facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Third Party Providers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages, and otherwise give you notices about your account;
• Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
• Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including our billing and collection;
• Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Third Party Provider, such as estimated times of arrival, or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals;
• Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Trym and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process promotions;
• Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements; and
• Notify you when Trym Services updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through our Services, including the Trym App and Trym Website.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve the Trym Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us, among other things, to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Trym Services according to your individual interests.
• Recognize you when you use the Trym Services. Additionally, we use location information we collect to (i) provide Professionals with the address of Members requesting the services of Professionals, (ii) track the location of Professionals and (iii) for certain other purposes related thereto.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Through our Services
We may disclose aggregated information about our Members and Professionals, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction to third parties to use for industry analysis or demographic profiling, to deliver targeted advertising or marketing about other products or services to you, or for other business purposes. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
• To our Professionals to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, photo (if you provide one), User rating and where you tell us that the Professional is to meet you for grooming, barber or styling services.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates that provide services or goods relating to the Services.
• With entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep certain personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
• In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
• With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Trym, our Members, our Professionals or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Provided by Others
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Trym App or Trym Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We generally cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if a person has a standing credit or debt on that person’s account, or if we believe a person has committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting that person’s information.
Trym will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our Services’ collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, if you block the use of location information the Services may then be inaccessible and will not function properly.
We may also seek permission for our Services’ collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device.
Cookies and Advertising and Promotional Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. You can also opt-out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
The following are further specific ways for you to opt out of specified advertising and promotional communications:
• Promotion by the Company and Opting-Out of Personal Information. If you do not want us to use your Personal Information to promote our products or services or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Trym Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
• Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Your California privacy rights
Under California law, California residents may opt-out of Trym’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. As discussed above under “Your Choices”, you may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you choose to opt-out, we are not prohibited from making disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.
When Users book services, the information they input is encrypted through SSL encryption. We do not store credit card information on our servers, and we use SSL encryption to protect your credit card information when it is transferred to our third-party payment processor.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access the Trym Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms generally is not completely secure. Please note that despite our efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.